Wednesday, October 30, 2013

My new book MUST KILL TV is now available!

Finally!  My first novel (with story by me and David Isaacs). The ebook of MUST KILL TV is now available. The price is only $2.99. Here’s where you go. It’s a comic novel about a beleaguered TV network president who can only save his career and primetime schedule by killing his big star’s ex-girlfriend. In Hollywood this is not an unreasonable request.

The paperback version will be available soon.

I’m very proud of this novel and would love for you to check it out. (Wait. Check it out is a library term.) I would love for you to BUY IT. If you’re a regular reader of this blog you know my writing, you know my style. This is me unleashed.

To further entice you, here are some blurbs:

“A brutally funny look at the television business from an Emmy-award winning writer/producer who has seen it all. MUST KILL TV rings so hilariously true that it makes me wonder how much of this story is actually fiction."


-- Lee Goldberg
Author of The Heist (with Janet Evanovich)

“Ken Levine proves himself as much a master of the novel as he is of TV writing and blogging. MUST KILL TV is the 21st Century answer to NETWORK – a blistering and hilarious satire of the television business as it is now. Part thriller, part comedy, it could only have been written by someone who knows this world as well as Mr. Levine. What more, the author pulls off the impossible – he makes a network executive a sympathetic character. Read it; after all, there’s nothing on TV tonight.”

--Phoef Sutton
Writer/producer Cheers, Boston Legal, author of Fifteen Minutes to Live

"Everyone who works in television has wanted to commit murder from time to time. Ken Levine has managed to make that murder funny -- which is not surprising considering his years in the broadcast comedy trenches"

-- Bill Prady
Co-creator of The Big Bang Theory

Again, it’s only $2.99. You can download yours here. Thanks.  And by the way, it makes for the perfect Halloween gift. 

19 comments :

Will Fitzgerald said...

I look forward to the paperback...when it's released in Ireland...it might be a while before I read your book Ken!

But I will read it. Best of luck with it.

404 said...

Congrats on the new book! I look forward to reading it.

Barry in Portland said...

(Ken, I've been lurking here since this blog started, and have seldom commented.) Just installed the Kindle app on my Android and bought your book - my first Kindle purchase!

I do this in solidarity with the Lavine/Levine clan, and because I need a laugh today. Love your writing.

Unknown said...

I got your last book autographed in Seattle. When do you come out to NYC so I can get this one signed?

Hamid said...

I'll order a paperback copy as soon as it's available!

Canda said...

Comedy Writers seem to love to write about murders that happen in the industry. Laura Levine comes to mind. Charlie Hauck's "Artistic Differences" was a great fun book about murder and a difficult female star of a sitcom.

Jake said...

Hey Ken, first time commenter five year reader. First off, I'm going to be buying a paperback as soon as it's available.

Secondly, (and no my promise of buying your book wasn't just to butter you up), I've got a Friday question.

I'm writing a spec script for Parenthood and I want to know what the consensus is on naming a song in a script. That show is so known for how it uses music to convey emotion over a silent scene, and I've found a song that fits the style of the show and has the right lyrics, but how amateurish is it to put the song in the script? The spec is really just intended to send to contests, fellowships, etc.

I'd love to hear what you think about this.

Brule Eagan said...

Done.

Wendy M. Grossman said...

I love murder mysteries set in show business - Ken, if you haven't read them, you should look at Simon Brett's Charles Paris series, which are about a seedy struggling actor navigating the British scene - like his real-life counterparts he does anything that's going (film, TV, radio, stage...). There was just a new one a couple of months ago after a hiatus of some years.

Meanwhile, I will look forward to yours when it comes out in paperback. We Don't Do Kindle (or any ebook format that has DRM.

wg

Diane L. said...

Can't wait to read it - I'll buy it today. Hope it's as good as your last book. Btw, here is the best Cheers inspired costume ever. www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/28/cheers-halloween-costume_n_4169894.html

By Ken Levine said...

There will be a paperback version out soon. Thanks.

D. McEwan said...

I'll glom onto a copy the moment the paperbacks are available. I look forward to reading it. I would, even without the blurbs.

Iconoclast Jones said...

Ken -- what's the economics of Kindle reading library to the author? Do you get paid comparably to buying the e-book outright?

Cap'n Bob said...

It's on my Kindle as of yesterday. I've been a serious mystery fan and reader since 1979 and have had two of my mysteries published. The idea of marrying a mystery with your sense of humor is enticing.

Enric said...

Well, I just bought it. A Spanish reader in London getting a novel from an American. Globalisation they call it....

Charles H. Bryan said...

Bought! I hope there's sex in it.

RCP said...

Congratulations, Ken. I'll also pick up my paperback version as soon as it's available.

Charles H. Bryan said...

Hey! There IS sex in it! Right in the first chapter, too.


spmsmith said...

Hi Ken! Friday Question: What differences did you find in the writing process between creating a novel and creating a screenplay or TV script (if any)? Thanks!