Saturday, July 26, 2014

The wackiest minor league stunt ever

Getting a prostate exam while singing "Take Me Out To The Ballgame."

Minor league teams are known for their goofy stunts. Cow milking contests, etc. But I think this one takes the cake. Andy Milovich is the GM of the Myrtle Beach Pelicans. Thursday's big promotion was Prostate Cancer Awareness Night. So to celebrate, Mr. Milovich had his prostate checked in the press box. A doctor donned a rubber glove and checked around while Milovich sang during the seventh inning stretch. This beats Speed Dating Night, Christmas in July Night, Political Correctness Night, Scientology Night, Noah Bobblehead Night, and even Toilet Seat Cushion Night.



You may now return to the Who, What, or Which Game.

9 comments :

Gary said...

I'm a longtime Buffalo Bills season ticket holder, and I leave every game feeling like that's happened to me...

Pat Reeder said...

I suggested on our radio service that he should've sung the "Star-Spangled Banner" instead. It would be the first time in his life that he could've hit the high note.

Cap'n Bob said...

Please, please tell me you're joking about Scientology Night. Please.

Mike Barer said...

This article in the Seattle Times on the Portland Mavericks of the 1970s dovetails perfectly into your story.
http://seattletimes.com/html/larrystone/2024172249_stone27xml.html

Mike Barer said...

Pat Reeder's comment, laughing my head off!

Johnny Walker said...

Wackiest or "ickiest"?

Pat Reeder said...

Mike Barer: I thank you, my mother thanks you, my father thanks you, and my proctologist thanks you.

Mike Barer said...

Pat, I just bowed. OOps!

Anonymous said...

JK Norman

I think you made a good choice of which song to sing, given the situation. I'm still partial to Chevy Chase singing "Moon River" in a similar situation in whatever the movie was.