Saturday, March 24, 2012

Some announcements and personal appearances

I'll be speaking tomorrow evening at the Nerdist Writers Panel on Sunset Blvd.  along with Bill Lawrence (SCRUBS, COUGAR TOWN), and Richard Hatem (GRIMM).  For info and tickets you can go here.  

Then on Tuesday night, April 3rd I will be speaking at USC along with my partner, David Isaacs.  Details when I have them.   I'll be happy if they just tell me where to park.  

Later this week I'll be announcing a free book giveaway.  Because a free blog is just not enough.

No, I am not in Japan with the Mariners.   Turns out the big attraction was Ichiro not me. 

And finally, you know how I always joke that Paula Marshall gets a pilot every single friggin' year?  Paula Marshall has just been cast in the CBS pilot, WIDOW DETECTIVE. 
Okay, you can now scroll down to today's scheduled post.

11 comments :

emily said...

Those Nerdy Nerdists! Don't they know it's "Frasier," not Fraser...

Danielle Nicki said...

I love the Nerdist Panel! Can't wait to listen

Wallis Lane said...

I have April 4th, 2012 in the "CBS Cancels Widow Detective" pool. I wanted April 3rd, but it was taken.

Anonymous said...

http://www.scriptfrenzy.org/node/4166750
This is something I found relating to the Friday night question from Chuck about whether you've ever changed a script from a movie to a tv format or vice-versa. You said "no" but this link shows two possible ways a writer might convert their screenplay to a tv series format. Seemed interesting.Ernie

Michael said...

Friday question - with the large number of pilots being filmed this time of year, how difficult is it to get experienced technical crews to work on them? Related question - is the competition for crew jobs as tough as it is for actors and writers?

Johnny Walker said...

I LOVE the Nerdist podcast. That's where I heard Doug Petrie talk about rooms where everyone had to agree -- it immediately rang true.

Great news that you're going to be on it, it's a wonderful series.

vicernie said...

Paula Marshall has played a doctor so often she must qualify somewhere.

Cap'n Bob said...

Widow Detective. Talk about high concept, it rates right up there with Cop Rock.

chuckcd said...

Hope you used the parking structure at USC.

Duane Kelly said...

Computer non-nerd here. Is there a way to subscribe to your blog so each post comes into my inbox?

By Ken Levine said...

I think you can click on the RSS symbol. There's a way to have the site emailed to you every day but I'm not sure how that works.