Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Happy Birthday Annie

Annie,

Two days after you were born we took you home and I did a video.   With you on my lap I said, "When you grow up and watch this and you're in therapy four days a week, just know I don't apologize.  I did the best I can."

Well, despite my parenting you have blossomed into a spectacular young woman.  You make me happy and proud every day.  Hell, I even like the guy you chose to marry.   How incredibly rare is that??? And I'm warming to the cat.

Happy Birthday.  Now it's your turn to make America laugh.  They could use it.

Love,

Dad

6 comments :

Peter said...

"And I'm warming to the cat."

Surely you must realize cats are our superiors. As my favourite saying goes:

In ancient times, cats were worshipped as gods. They have not forgotten this.

Brian said...

Happy Birthday, Annie! I've never had the pleasure of saying that I look forward to the work of you AND your Dad!

Pete Grossman said...

Sweet and beautiful. Thanks for the soulful smile you gave me.

Terence Towles Canote said...

Happy birthday to Annie! Anyone who likes cats is fine by me (I have three myself).

iain said...

Ken, you realize you're now obligated by internet law to post a photo of you & the cat?

Johnny Walker said...

Lovely. Happy birthday, Annie!