Thursday, December 26, 2019

The Best Of...

Usually on Thursdays I post my new podcast episode.  But once a year I take a week off.  This one.  That's because podcast listening during the holiday season goes way down.  Everyone is stuck in airports. 

But this week, if you haven't already listened to the most recent episode (just click the big gold arrow above), I invite you to scroll down and check out some of the episodes you might have missed.  For instance:  my interview with James Burrows, my interview with Al Michaels, my commentary tracks, and sage advice (that should be taken with a grain of salt). 

Come January I begin my fourth year podcasting.  Thanks so much for listening.   At one time I was on KABC Los Angeles; now I have a podcast.  And more people are probably listening to my podcast than KABC. 

So again, thanks.  And please tell your friends.  I don't want KABC gaining on me. 

4 comments :

Mike Barer said...

I'm hoping that you will do a best of the decade post before or soon after New Year's.

Anonymous said...

Great post Ken. We enjoy reading this.
BTW , since you are a script guru in this community.
We have a few questions...
1. What happened to the magazine Script?
2. What happened to creative screenwriting magazine?
3. Why we don't feel the excitement in screenwriting in Done Deal? Why is Done Deal so boring nowadays. Who goes there? Do we need forums like Done Deal?
4. Where is the excitement? Is there really excitement in screenwriting or in writing is general?
5.0 What's going on? Script is not reading or analyzing. Just get matured writers to write them or directors to write. Why are only the good script written by directors , not writers, but also by writers who are directors or should be or soon to be?
Thanks

Brian said...

FRIDAY QUESTION: There are loads of terrible suggestions by the higher-ups about shows in production or potential shows ("Let's do "The Wiz"...White", is a notorious one). Can you recall any good ones?

Phil Clare said...

https://youtu.be/ugXPblZjINg