Saturday, December 26, 2020

ON THE FARCE DAY OF CHRISTMAS

In case you're still looking to savor the holiday spirit, here's my play, ON THE FARCE DAY OF CHRISTMAS, done with an All-Star Broadway/Hollywood cast for the New Works Virtual Festival as a benefit for the Actors Fund.  And by "All-Stars" I mean George Wendt, Kerry Butler, Max Crumm, Felicia Boswell, Lynne Stewart, and Anoop Desai.  It's a comedy that the Hallmark Channel would never make in a thousand years.  There's sex and drugs and a Yiddish word.  Enjoy.  (You can also scroll down to this week's weekend post.) 



4 comments :

Tudor Queen said...

Actually, I'm a fan of Lynne Stewart - loved her as 'Young Dorothy' in the flashback sequences on many "Golden Girls" episodes and she did a funny (yes, funny!) little sitcom with Beth Armstrong and Dixie Carter called "On Our Own" that I remember fondly, though it was shortlived.

So when I watch your play I will be eagerly anticipating her. She has great delivery and does deadpan very well.

blinky said...

We saw half of Wonder Woman 1984 last night and would love your review. We found it unbelievably awful. It is like the "1984" refers to the dated quality of the production and writing. We were constantly looking at each other asking: What the hell just happened? I think the production quality of Harvey Birdman: Attorney At Law was better, way better.

By Ken Levine said...

My review comes Monday.

Jay said...

I wasn't sure how much I'd like the zoom reading instead of a staged performance, but I was pleasantly surprised. The cast did a great job with the material. The key for me was actually just forgetting about the visuals and thinking about it as an audio play. Very funny, too. Thanks for making this available!