Sunday, January 01, 2006

I've been tagged

Frank Murphy from http://www.frankmurphy.com (I still haven’t figured out how to include links in posts) has tagged me with a meme. Like Frank, I had to look up the word “meme”. I’m challenged to list five of my weird habits. The real challenge is to hold it down to five.

1) In a restaurant, theatre, or any public place I can’t be seated anywhere near a child. This made it very difficult when I had my own small children. It’s not that I don’t love kids. I just love them more when they’re locked away in your home.

2) I don’t like anyone looking over my shoulder when I’m writing, be it a script, email, or love letters to Keira Knightly or Sandy Koufax.

3) I listen to 60’s music when I write. And this includes radio station jingles from the era and Joanie Sommers Pepsi commercials. I love Joanie Sommers.

4) I can’t watch an old black and white movie from the 30’s or 40’s without thinking “everyone I’m looking at is dead”. Not that this spoils my enjoyment.

5) I go through breakfast phases. I eat the same thing every day for a couple of years and then switch. Currently it’s macadamia nuts and raisins. If I ever switch to Lucky Charms get “old Betsy” off the wall and shoot me.

6) I have no blood so I always dress warm. Stop making fun of Cosby for wearing those sweaters. They look cool.

7) I check my site counter waaaaay more than I should.

8) As a former disc jockey, I still talk-up records in my car. Right up to the vocal. I’m a master at this. It’s maybe my greatest skill…which is unfortunate since it’s also utterly useless. KHJ Boss Radio is not coming back anytime soon.

9) I try to read “Confederacy of Dunces” once a year for inspiration. And finally:

10) I feel compelled to post every day. (which ties into #7)

Now it’s my turn to tag five blogging friends/victims. I choose Howard Hoffman (Hoffmania), Lloyd Thaxton, the Tabloid Whore, MK from Popbytes, and Kelditty from People We Love to Hate. (links are listed on the right)

Oh, I forgot, when I’m having trouble with internet service (like I’m having right now) I turn into Daffy Duck. My family finds it very amusing. That does not help.

12 comments:

ScriptWeaver said...

I HATE it when my girlfriend looks over my shoulder when I write. She always thinks what I write in my screenplays is inspired from my past experiences...

"So... when did you actually anally rape a monkey?"

... and then she stews in jealousy for the next few days.

Chris Soth said...

The monkey totally wanted it.

mahlzeit said...

From help.blogger.com:
How do I make a link to another webpage? :-)

Frank Strovel III said...

Don't sweat it, Ken. I don't know how to write a TV script.

emily blake said...

Thanks for that writing every day. I like to use screenwriter blogs to get me in the mood to write. When there's nothing new, I have to use my own thoughts, and that's just way too time consuming. But I always know there will be something new here.

Ken Levine said...

I have a friend coming over in a couple of days who will hopefully walk me through all this linking business. Plus, I'm on a Mac which I'm told uses a different method. I'm proud of myself when I can remember just how to turn my computer on.

Shawn Bowers said...

Turning on the computer is a big step. My aunt has yet to get there yet. She just sort of pokes at it until it makes a noise. Like a caveman inspecting an injured mastodon.

Anyway, Ken...first time commenting, but I'm here every day. Just wanted to officially say hello and thanks for a great blog!

mernitman said...

Joanie Sommers!!! That tan (at times with freckles) and that husky voice -- Be still my pre-adolescent heart...

Ken Levine said...

Yes, I am the world's biggest Joanie Sommers fan and I don't care who knows it.

PMSimon said...

Whaddya mean, you can't eat around children? I see you eating in the Dodger Stadium press box, and we're ALL children in there...

Paul Duca(tomservo56954@comcast.net) said...

Sounds like you and my mother should get along famously...she adores Joanie Summers, as well (not quite the same way, I'm sure)--that reminds me...do you know where I can get my hands on a copy of her "Softly, the Brazilian Sound" on CD?

Oh, and do you have the episode of HULLABALOO where she, Barbara McNair and Frankie Avalon perform a Beatles medley?

I do...as well as episodes of the game shows Lloyd Thaxton hosted in the '60s--EVERYBODY'S TALKING and FUNNY YOU SHOULD ASK.

Jim said...

Please inform me if Joannie is still around, and where can I see her perform?