Sunday, October 21, 2007

Wanna see my play?

I know it's last minute but I'm having a staged reading of my play, UPFRONTS AND PERSONAL Monday night, Oct.22 at the Blank Theater at 6500 Santa Monica Blvd. in Hollywood. It's a very small space with only a handful of tickets left, but if you're interested please go here, to the theater's website. Thanks.

UPFRONTS & PERSONAL
Written By Ken Levine
Directed By Nikki Hevesy

Set in a hotel suite in New York, UPFRONTS AND PERSONAL is a comedy about how studios and writer/producers get their shows on the network fall schedule. It’s a world of competition, deals, deceit, allies, enemies, compromise, sex, love, death, savvy, ageism, ethics, and a fat guy in a Beefeater suit. UPFRONTS AND PERSONAL is a hilarious tragedy on the compromises creative people must make to succeed in television at the risk of losing their souls.

10 comments :

Max Clarke said...

If I had the time off, I'd do it. A bit tough, being up here in Berkeley. Caught the mp3 that you gave us from your sitcom class, well worth the listen. As always, I feel there's a terrific book in you, Ken, half-memoir and half-writing-how-to.

Dwacon said...

Hmm... that's not very far from Father's Office, izzit? Hmm... I could have a gourmet burger and a nice smoky draught...

Anonymous said...

Who's playing the fat guy in the Beefeater suit?

Anonymous said...

I'll be there and be square.

Richard Cooper said...

I saw a play in West Hollywood several years ago that had a bunch of actors from Ali McBeal and CSI. The best part was after the play, when my actress friend and I walked around the corner to a bar that had no name on the outside, and served fondue while projecting kung fu movies at canted angles on the walls. After saying g'night to the nice Catholic actress, I spent the wee hours watching some night shooting for a couple of films that turned out to be Hollywood Homicide, and Charlie's Angels. A quick 4 a.m. snack at Mel's while practicing my newly acquired kung fu skills on the sidewalk topped off the night. I don't remember anything about the play...

Todd Mueller said...

I hope nothing happens to your cast at the last minute.

If I don't roast in tonight's fires, I'll be there. If I can get the crowd to chant 'encore', will you get up and read from one of your Jefferson scripts?

Anonymous said...

Ken, I'm not able to see your play, but I was wondering...have you seen "The TV Set"? It's an indie film written & directed by Jake Kasdan that just came out on DVD a few weeks ago, about the same subject. I'd be interested in your opinion.

Anonymous said...

About "The TV Set"--oops, sorry, I should've searched your blog first. I found your review from April.

Anonymous said...

Dwacon: Just so you know, there's a big difference between Santa Monica Boulevard (the street) and Santa Monica (the city). Early-evening drive time from Father's Office to Hollywood is about an hour, and that's without the consumption of any nice smoky draughts.

Anonymous said...

Oh, well. This is what happens when I miss your blog for a day or two. I would have gone.