Wednesday, October 10, 2012

I am having a book signing in LA

It's also an excuse for that long overdue meet-and-greet with LA fans of the blog, but I will be having a book signing at the Barnes & Noble in the Grove in West Los Angeles on Monday night, October 29 from 7-9 PM.  I'll probably read a passage, answer questions, and do whatever authors do at these things.  I dunno... look "tweedy." 

This is for my book, THE ME GENERATION... BY ME (GROWING UP IN THE '60S). 

So please swing by.  Just to refresh your memory:  a bookstore is a place that has books on the shelves and you can buy them right there.  You don't have to order.  I know.  It's a hard concept to wrap your mind around.  Okay...imagine a BevMo that stocks literature instead of gin.  Believe it or not, bookstores used to exist everywhere.   And now... there's the B&N at the Grove and I think an independent in Ojai.

So it's a big deal that I get to do this.   So who's coming?  Hopefully YOU.

What's the book about?  Again, here's the trailer:

15 comments :

Wallis Lane said...

So if it starts at the Grove at 7 PM, I guess I should start looking for parking at about . . . noon?

Melissa Banczak said...

Come have a signing here in Key West. We'd love to see you. And the subject of the book is perfect for this area. Many of the fixtures on Duval Street think we're still deep in the 1960's.

Joshua Carnes said...

Is Phoeof Sutton's name pronounced "Fife"? Because last night on "New Girl" there was a character named "Fife" and another named "Sutton" and I wondered if that was a reference?

404 said...

Dammit, Ken. What are the chances of an East Coast appearance?

anj said...

Damn it, it's a monday.. I go to university away from LA. Wish I could make it Ken..

gottacook said...

Wish I could be there but I'm on the east coast.

As was mentioned a year or two ago, Phoef is pronounced "Feef."

RCP said...

I'd really like to have my copy signed, but alas...won't be in LA at that time. I suggest you go ahead and hold the book signing anyway.

cadavra said...

Damn, damn, damn! I've been waiting for this and now I have a conflict. I'll see if I can wriggle out of it.

D. McEwan said...

I'll try to be there. I assume you'll be signing Where the Hell am I? also.

Sunshine Vitamin said...

I will be there too with my "collectible" 1st edition of "It's GONE-- No, Wait a Minute.."

Hooray!

Mike said...

This was the first time I'd watched the trailer (sorry) -- "Class time" scratched off to become "Ass time"; schools may change but the classics never go out of style.

Paul Duca said...

Gottacook---I asked Mr. Sutton WHERE the "Phoef" came from and he wouldn't say.

Jennifer said...

Gah, you would schedule this three months after I leave LA. :( Sounds like fun anyway.

Bob Johnson said...

Ken...

I would like to apologize in advance for the book I'm currently reading, "Waging Heavy Peace" by... Neil Young.

But, hey, I read your book first!

I'll let you know if there's any mention of the music booth, uh, incidents.

Bob Johnson

Brian said...

Ken, that was pretty funny. May I suggest some video blog posts?