Sunday, October 04, 2009

Men hugging men

... and then spraying each other with cheap champagne and beer even Norm Peterson wouldn't drink.

This is moments before Manny Ramirez drenched me. If I got stopped at a sobriety checkpoint driving home I would be posting this from the LA County drunk tank right now.

Covering the Dodgers all year for 790 KABC I was privileged to be on the field when they clinched the NL West title last night. These are photos I took from my iPhone (which explains their Pulitzer Prize worthy quality and composition). For you non-baseball fans, just picture these men in tuxedos and you have the MAD MEN Emmy party.

Good luck to your favorite team in the playoffs. And I'll see you Cardinal fans in St. Louis this weekend.

15 comments :

Unknown said...

Go Cardinals! ;)

LouOCNY said...

May you face the Yankees in the WS -THAT would be something!

Kate said...

HUZZAH FOR THE BOYS IN BLUE! :D Here's hoping they face the Yankees (and kick their butts). I'm dying to see them back east.

Anonymous said...

Notice they do all of their hugging out on the field . . .

DodgerGirl said...

Hey, whaddaya know, my favorite team did make it into the playoffs (finally!). Go Dodgers!

Ref said...

Have a nice time in St. Louis. After that, you'll be going home.

Roger Owen Green said...

What Marsha and Ref said

Joe said...

I gotta agree w. Lou on that. Not only have the Dodgers/Yankees given us some memorable World Series, but seeing Torre's return to NY would be...interesting.

tb said...

So they FINALLY get the W! Whew! On to the WS. Win it for VINNIE!

James said...

As a resident LA'er, but a huge Cards fan, I say good luck, but not too much! It should be a good series, with recent history being on St. Louis's side. There will prolly be a lot of talk about Pujols v. Manny, but this one really comes down to the front of the rotations and the strength of the bullpens (or lack thereof for the cards recently :( )...Whoever wins, I just hope the Yanks go out in the first rd!

bettyd said...

I'd rather see the Dodger v. Red Sox and bring Manny back. Of course, no one will get by NYY, sadly.

Anonymous said...

Get the Fox NW tape of the end of the M's season. The goodbye to #24 and the rest of the team last half an hour. The best player I ever
saw last at bat.

VP81955 said...

Hey, whaddaya know, my favorite team did make it into the playoffs (finally!). Go Dodgers!

They had already clinched a playoff berth; had they lost the final two games, the Rockies would have won the West and the Dodgers would have been the wild-card. Which isn't necessarily so bad, as any Marlins or Angels fan can tell you.

David K. M. Klaus said...

I'm going to e-mail you about this as well, but if your St. Louis schedule permits, I'd like to buy you a drink -- and that includes daytime when booze wouldn't be appropriate -- as the late Art Carney said in a PSA, lemonade is a drink, coffee is a drink, milk is a drink, and so forth.

Walt from StL said...

Go Cards!