Tuesday, August 01, 2017

My new play opens THIS WEEK

Here's a great alternative to going to the movies.   Go to the theatre.  And see my new play.  

Okay, I'm plugging this a lot because it's appearing this week only.   As part of Week 3 of the Hollywood Short + Sweet Festival, my comedy one act, THE FUGITIVE starring Penny Peyser & Andy Goldberg opens Thursday night at the Stella Adler Theatre in Hollywood.

And it's a competition.  So I want to stack the room with ringers!

It plays Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights at 8 and Sunday at 7.   Discount tickets are available.  Just use the code 410 and tickets are only $15.  There are also some on Goldstar.   

Here's where you go for tickets.  

When I had my pilot reading (up on the podcast now -- just click the big gold button under the masthead) on July 20th I also had a preview of THE FUGITIVE.   It got bigger laughs than the pilot so I know I'm onto something.   (If you were at the pilot reading, feel free to chime in.) 

It's a nice comfortable theatre space and Spiderman is hanging out on the street.  So I hope to see you this weekend in Hollywood.   I could use your votes and there's no one in Russia willing to help me.  Thank you. 

2 comments :

Gary said...

Nice to see the name Penny Peyser again. She was great in one of the funniest movies ever: The In-Laws, with Alan Arkin and Peter Falk.

thirteen said...

Penny Peyser! If I lived anywhere near there, I'd go. And if we're talking about her movies, let's not forget The Frisco Kid.

I lived in New York City for quite a while. Every couple of years, Penny would do local radio ads for her dad, who was a congressman from up around Westchester.